changing text

Vinnie

having an "upload file" control on my page, how can i change the text
on the button from "browse" into something else?

Thanks

Vinnie

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Vinnie said:
having an "upload file" control on my page, how can i change the text
on the button from "browse" into something else?

You can't. The browser decides how the upload control should look, and
there are no properties to control how the browse button should appear.

John Timney \(MVP\)

I had this example sitting in a code archive I keep.

Never tried it but it might work.

Regards

John Timney (MVP)
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

<head>
<title>Browser Button Fix</title>

<!-- By: Matt McHugh //-->

input.hide
{
position:absolute;
left:-137px;
-moz-opacity:0 ;
filter:alpha(opacity: 0);
opacity: 0;
z-index: 2;
}

input.red
{
background-color:#cc0000;
font-weight:bold;
color:#ffffff;
z-index:1;
width:75px;
height:20px;
font-size:10px;
}

<!--[if IE]>
input.hide
{
position:absolute;
left:10px;
-moz-opacity:0;
filter:alpha(opacity: 0);
opacity: 0;
z-index: 2;
width:0px;
border-width:0px;
}
<![endif]-->

<script type="text/javascript">

function buttonPush (buttonStatus)
{
if (buttonStatus == "depressed")
document.getElementById("pseudobutton").style.borderStyle = "inset";

else
document.getElementById("pseudobutton").style.borderStyle = "outset";
}

</script>
</head>

<input type="button" class="red" id="pseudobutton" value="Open File">
<input type="file" class="hide" id="openssme"
onmousedown="buttonPush('depressed');" onmouseup="buttonPush('normal');"
onmouseout="buttonPush('phased');">