Changing the "Copy Project" values based on "Solution Configurations"

Kevin Schneider

Please forgive me if this is a bit off topic, but I haven't had any
takers in other forums.

With ASP.NET projects, is it possible to have VS.NET automatically
change the configuration options of the "Copy Project" dialog box
based on the value selected in the "Solution Configurations" drop down
list?

I'd like to set up the project that when Release is selected and I
select "Copy Project", my production server's values are filled in.
Likewise for my DEV, TEST, UAT etc. environments.

Thanks
Kevin Schneider

Jonathan Allen

My gut tells me you can create a Macro that both sets the Solution
Configuration and Copies the project. The problem is I cannot find a way to
override the settings in the Copy Project dialog.

Sub TemporaryMacro()
DTE.Commands.Raise ("{5EFC7975-14BC-11CF-9B2B-00AA00573819}", 684,
"Release", Customout)
DTE.ExecuteCommand ("Project.CopyProject")
End Sub

Kevin Schneider

I can't even find where the darn "Copy Project" settings are kept. They
don't seem to be in the project/solution files or in the registry.