Changing the document.title from a user control

Nathan Sokalski

I would like to change the <title></title> of a page from a user control. I
have been unable to find any property in VB that allows me to do this. The
only thing I have been able to find that might be related is when in Design
view, there is a property called title under the DOCUMENT object in
properties, which leads me to believe that there may be a way to access a
DOCUMENT.title somewhere (although that may be only for Javascript/JScript).
Does anyone know of a way to change the document title programmatically
using VB.NET in ASP.NET from a User Control? Thanks.

Guest

Hi,

To be able to change the page title from an asp.net application add the
following to html portion of the aspx.

<HEAD>
<title runat="server" id="PageTitle"></title>
</HEAD>

Note that if you make changes to the web page vb.net will drop the
runat=server. Make sure you add it back in or you wont be able to change the
page title

Add the following to the aspx.vb file

Protected PageTitle as new htmlgenericcontrol

To change the page title from the page

PageTitle.InnerText= "My new page title"

To access this from a user control

Dim pagetitle as htmlgenericcontrol

Try
pagetitle=ctype(me.page.findcontrol("PageTitle"), htmlgenericcontrol)
pagetitle.innertext="Live from user control"
catch
end try

Ken