    the new location.

    The RUBYLIB_PREFIX environment variable (which i expected to use)
    is obsoleted.
    llothar, Mar 21, 2008

  2. llothar

    Eric Hodel Guest

    Re: Changing the installation prefix to the lib after configure/make/make install

    On Mar 21, 2008, at 15:25 PM, llothar wrote:
    > Lets say i compile ruby on Unix with
    >
    > ./configure --prefix=$HOME/my_ruby; make; make install
    >
    > And later i want to move it to $HOME/your_ruby
    > What can i do to get the inital paths for the standart library to also
    > refer to the new location.

    /configure --prefix=$HOME/your_ruby; make; make install

    Otherwise, anything depending upon Config::CONFIG will break.
    Eric Hodel, Mar 21, 2008

  3. llothar

    llothar Guest

    On 22 Mrz., 06:23, Eric Hodel <> wrote:
    > On Mar 21, 2008, at 15:25 PM, llothar wrote:
    >
    > > Lets say i compile ruby on Unix with

    > > ./configure --prefix=$HOME/my_ruby; make; make install

    > > And later i want to move it to $HOME/your_ruby
    > > What can i do to get the inital paths for the standart library to also
    > > refer to the new location.

    > /configure --prefix=$HOME/your_ruby; make; make install
    >
    > Otherwise, anything depending upon Config::CONFIG will break.

    Well or there is some way to patch the new path into Config::CONFIG?

    How can i add a ruby interpreter to an application that can move
    around
    (for example on a USB Stick)?

    Fixing CONFIG["prefix"] and CONFIG["configure_args"] is simple but i
    see that in "config.h" the paths are really hard coded. That sucks.

    Can't we change this? I do not see any reason for this inflexibility.
    I don't understand why RUBYLIB_PREFIX was removed (well it was never
    implemented
    on Unix just Win32).
    llothar, Mar 21, 2008