changing the "../" reference PATH in Visual Studio

mosscliffe

I need to reference a file on my published server as
"../mydir/myfile.txt", which is fine and it works.

On my local develop computer the "../mydir" refers to C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7

Is there any way I can get the "../" to refer to somewhere more
convenient, ideally as /mydir within my project.

I could not find any settings in Visual Studio, which referred to this
'Common7' Directory.

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can use a DEBUG switch to set a different path when in debug mode (on
your local box). That would be the easiest. This means you will have to
remember to create RELEASE builds when it goes to production, but you should
already be doing that.

--
Gregory A. Beamer

Think Outside the Box!

mosscliffe

Many thanks for the swift reply, but your solution is a bit ahead of my
knowledge.

Is there an example anywhere of using RELEASE BUILDS and DEBUG
switches.