changing the template column's position ?

Gary

Hi all,

By default when we create a Template Column, the position of the Template
Column

will be 1. Is it possible to change its position at Design Time or Runtime
i.e if I want a Template Column to be at no. 2,

then how can we do this?

Thanks,

Gary

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Gary,

1) If you use Property Builder
Select the column to be moved and click on the up & down arrows to move it.

2) Without Property Builder
Switch to HTML View and you will see something like this:
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="One"></asp:TemplateColumn>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Two"></asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>

Edit this text to place column two above column one.

Does this answer your question?

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

--------------------

Gary

Yes, thanks a lot.

- Gary -

"Mike Moore [MSFT]" said:
Hi Gary,

1) If you use Property Builder
Select the column to be moved and click on the up & down arrows to move it.

2) Without Property Builder
Switch to HTML View and you will see something like this:
<Columns>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="One"></asp:TemplateColumn>
<asp:TemplateColumn HeaderText="Two"></asp:TemplateColumn>
</Columns>

Edit this text to place column two above column one.

Does this answer your question?

Thank you, Mike
Microsoft, ASP.NET Support Professional

steps listed to improve your computer's security.

--------------------
From: "Gary" <[email protected]>
Subject: changing the template column's position ?
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:53:09 +0530
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridcontrol

Hi all,

By default when we create a Template Column, the position of the Template
Column

will be 1. Is it possible to change its position at Design Time or Runtime
i.e if I want a Template Column to be at no. 2,

then how can we do this?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary

But the only thing is
that I have only 1 Template column and i am binding my Datagrid with a
dataset, I

am creating a template column to put Text box so the user can enter Qty, but
by

default the Template Column comes to the 1st position, actually i want the
template

column to be at no.2 or at the end of the grid.

Please suggest.

Thanks again,

Gary

Gary said:
Yes, thanks a lot.

- Gary -

From: "Gary" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:53:09 +0530
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridcontrol

Hi all,

By default when we create a Template Column, the position of the Template
Column

will be 1. Is it possible to change its position at Design Time or Runtime
i.e if I want a Template Column to be at no. 2,

then how can we do this?

Thanks,

Gary

Mike Moore [MSFT]

Hi Gary,

Let me see if I have this correct. You have auto-generate-columns set to
true and you want a template column to display after the auto column(s). I
hope I understand this correctly.

Unfortunately, the auto columns always add to the right. You can re-arrange
this by adding your columns in advance rather than using auto generate.

Subject: Re: changing the template column's position ?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:11:07 +0530
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.datagridcontrol

But the only thing is
that I have only 1 Template column and i am binding my Datagrid with a
dataset, I

am creating a template column to put Text box so the user can enter Qty, but
by

default the Template Column comes to the 1st position, actually i want the
template

column to be at no.2 or at the end of the grid.

Please suggest.

Thanks again,

Gary

Gary said: