Changing the webservice default temp directory?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by jerry4@gmail.com, Jan 22, 2008.

  1. Guest

    I'm getting the error:

    Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\2dzvwfyi.0.cs' could not be
    found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified

    It happens when the constructor for my webservice is called. I've
    already figured out that I can give my user read/write access to c:
    \windows\temp, but I'd prefer to tell the webservice to use my virtual
    directory\temp for temp files.

    Does anyone know of a way to do this?

    Not sure if this is important, but this is a ASP.Net AJAX
    ScriptService web service being called from client side javascript
    code.

    Thanks for any help!
    , Jan 22, 2008

  2. Tiago Halm Guest

    I would say your webservice uses System.Xml because some features of .NET
    serialization do use the %TEMP% directory for (de)serializing process.

    However, you do not want to set IIS mapped folders as NTFS writable, this is
    definitely a security risk. And, don't worry if another
    serialization-dependent .NET app comes around and uses this %TEMP% folder
    too. .NET assures that unique files are used when performing the
    (de)serialization process.

    Tiago Halm

    Tiago Halm, Feb 2, 2008