changing title & removing status bar from a pop up window

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by prash.marne@gmail.com, Mar 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    hi guys,
    i have simple problem with my pop up window
    my code is ....

    <head>
    <script type="text/javascript>
    function open_window(){
    window.open("","","channelmode=0,directories=0,fullscreen=0,location=0,menubar=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,titlebar=0,toolbar=0,height=100,width=100");
    }
    </script>
    </head>
    <a onclick="open_window();"> Click here</a>

    this code opens a new pop up window with words written 'about: Mozilla
    Firefox' on top bar
    i want to remove these words & change them
    i don't know how can i do this....??

    even i am using 'status=0' but it dosen't seems to work for me for
    hiding the status bar.
    is there any way to hide it...??

    any help,
    Thanks,

    Prashant.
    , Mar 9, 2007

    On Mar 9, 7:05 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > this code opens a new pop up window with words written 'about: Mozilla
    > Firefox' on top bar
    > i want to remove these words & change them
    > i don't know how can i do this....??

    the title displayed on window's title bar is the title specified using
    <title>xxx</title> Load a document and set the title in the
    document. Or-

    newWindow=[open window here]
    newWindow.document.title="something"

    > even i am using 'status=0' but it dosen't seems to work for me for
    > hiding the status bar.
    > is there any way to hide it...??

    not a good idea-
    http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/DOM:window.open#Note_on_status_bar
    , Mar 9, 2007

  3. OmegaJunior Guest

    On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 14:05:49 +0100,
    <> wrote:

    > even i am using 'status=0' but it dosen't seems to work for me for
    > hiding the status bar.
    > is there any way to hide it...??
    >
    > any help,
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Prashant.

    Why would you assume the audacity to change the user's computer at all?
    The browser is the user's property, not the author's. The fact that any
    browser allows an author to remove the status bar at all is pure
    arrogance. Keep your hands off of my browser! Your domain is the contents
    of the window, not the window itself. That's mine.

    OmegaJunior, Mar 11, 2007