Changing VS.NET defaults

Mark Fox

Hello,

When you add a new web form in VS.NET it
automatically adds the following namespaces at the top:

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.SessionState;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls;

is there a way to make it so that VS.NET also
automatically includes

using System.Data.SqlClient;

? Thanks!

Mark Heimonen

Right click on the project in "Solution Explorer". Select Properties. Then
go to the "Imports" tab, and add system.data.sqlclient.

Mark Heimonen

Never mind. This option is only available for VB projects. In C#, it is on
the same dialog, on the left side, select the "Common Properties" folder,
and then select "References Path".

I'm using VS 2002

George Ter-Saakov

Thanks.
But I probably misunderstood. I thought it would add automatically using
directives to the source.

George.

Mark Heimonen

Sorry, I guess C# doesn't have the same ability on this dialog. In VB.NET,
it doesn't actually add the statements, but it uses the imports when
compiling your project.

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Mark,

I am glad you have found the right info already. Just a supplement that we could also add files to in this folder to add
template for ourselves.

Thanks very much for participating the community.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
!From: "Mark Fox" <[email protected]>
!Sender: "Mark Fox" <[email protected]>
!Subject: Re: Changing VS.NET defaults
!Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 08:45:17 -0700
!Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
!
!Nevermind. I found the template I have to change. It's
!in
!
!C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
!Studio .NET\VC#\DesignerTemplates\1033
!
!You could change any of the default templates there.
!
!The VB templates are in
!
!C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vb7
!\DesignerTemplates
!
!