Chaning ASP.NET File Types?

Jonathan Wood

I rewrote my site (http://www.fileparade.com) from PHP to ASP.NET.

Everything works great. I also created a PageNotFound page that appears when
an invalid page was entered.

However, if someone navigates to the site with a PHP file in the URL (e.g.
http://www.fileparade.com/submit.php), then an error is displayed and my
PageNotFound page is NOT displayed.

I understand this is related to the fact that ASP.NET is not managing PHP
files. Is there a simple way to change it so it does? This is on a shared
hosting service so I can't change the OS settings. Ideally, there would be
something I could add to my web.config file.

Thanks.

Jonathan

bruce barker

this is controlled by the file mappings in iis. check with you hoster on
how to change this.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Jonathan Wood

Thanks. Was hoping it could be controlled by web.config and could therefore
be moved to another server without losing the setting.