    Thanks,
    -Joe
    , Mar 10, 2005

  2. wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > I need to create 6 buffers in python and keep track of it.
    > I need to pass this buffer, say buffer 1 as an index to a test app. Has
    > any one tried to do this. Any help with buffer management appreciated.

    Use the module array.

    --
    Regards,

    Diez B. Roggisch
    Diez B. Roggisch, Mar 10, 2005

  3. Jaime Wyant Guest

    You'll probably want to be more specific. First thing that comes to
    mind is how do you plan on passing the `buffer' to your `test app'. I
    can think of a couple of ways off hand -- socket, stdin or maybe as a
    command line argument.

    If you're doing one of those, then I don't think you'll need a buffer
    as much as you'll need a simple python string.

    jw

    Jaime Wyant, Mar 10, 2005

    Each buffer need to hold 512 bytes of data.
    Thanks,
    -Joe
    , Mar 10, 2005