char encoding in hidden inputs

Pif

Hello,

I've latin1 characters in my HTML page. I've inputs with text and hidden
types. Text inputs are well decoded in my servlet (Tomcat 5.5), those in
hidden inputs are not well decoded.

I've added the accept-charset attribute in my form : this works in FF
but not in IE.

I know that it works in other part of the website on wich I work, but I
don't see difference and why mine does'nt work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jukka K. Korpela

Pif said:
I've latin1 characters in my HTML page.
URL?

I've inputs with text and
hidden types. Text inputs are well decoded in my servlet (Tomcat
5.5), those in hidden inputs are not well decoded.

There's something you haven't told us (hint: URL).
I've added the accept-charset attribute in my form : this works in FF
but not in IE.

What's the encoding of your document. (Hint: the URL would tell this,
indirectly but nicely.)
I know that it works in other part of the website on wich I work, but
I don't see difference and why mine does'nt work.

Still less can we see that, since you didn't give us even one URL.