Character sets, email, and globalization (oh my!)

MattB

I have an application that a client is setting up to be used in two
languages, English and (Canadian) French. Without the time to make it a
truly multilingual site, we've just duplicated it and have changed all
the wording to French on one copy. It's not the most elegant solution,
but it works, well only mostly.

The problem we have is with emails being sent out. I think they get sent
with the wrong character set (app was written on English language
windows) so the French-specific characters, like accents don't display
properly. Is there a quick and dirty fix for this? Do I need to specify
something in the header? I'm using the .Net Mail.MailMessage objects.

Thanks!

Matt