charset conversion routine?

Joe Wong

Hi, I am trying to use python to convert UTF8->BIG5 and GB->BIG5 charset. Is it possible and how to do it? From the manual I read something about unicode and locale, but I couldn't get a clear direction on how to make it work.

Thanks in advance,

-- Wong

vincent wehren

Joe said:
Hi, I am trying to use python to convert UTF8->BIG5 and GB->BIG5 charset. Is it possible and how to do it? From the manual I read something about unicode and locale, but I couldn't get a clear direction on how to make it work.

Thanks in advance,

-- Wong
You'll need the cjk-codecs package. You can find it via
http://cjkpython.i18n.org/

Regards,

-- Vincent Wehren