    What to do?

    Any help greatly appreciated!

    Baalbek
    baalbek, Apr 24, 2005

  2. baalbek <> wrote:

    > Hi, I have a webpage with a href that loads another page w/ a form,
    > and the forms textfields are set with values like this:
    >
    > href="set_uts_upd_params?oid=55&amp;type=kjøl"

    First, you multiposted your question. That's very unproductive.

    Second, for a form with method="get", things are undefined for any non-
    ASCII characters in the data. Check HTML specs on this.

    > Now, when the new page loads with its form values set, I have
    > problems with the unicode characters (the iso-8859-1 charset
    > family);

    You seem to confuse Unicode with ISO 8859-1.

    > they show up with weird substitution character instead of
    > the correct character.

    Not really.

    > For example, the type parameter (=kjøl) in the example above shows
    > up as kjøl , where ø is substituted for ø

    Maybe. It's undefined, so browsers might, for example, do that.

    > What to do?

    Use method="post" and check
    http://ppewww.ph.gla.ac.uk/~flavell/charset/form-i18n.html

    --