Chart Director?

Vincent Wehren

Does anyone here have experience with Chart Director
(http://www.advsofteng.com/index.html)? I'm thinking about purchasing
it and looking for any feedback from the Python community. Thanks

Since ChartDirector is not exactly open source nor found its origin in a
Python setting, my uneducated guess is that it will mostly be companies
that use ChartDirector.

However, from that vantage-point, ChartDirector is well-documented, has
lots of examples, and is great value for the money; it's pretty straight
forward, it covers all Python versions from 1.52 - 2.4, and the license
generally encompasses all other language bindings, too (all being at
version 4.0 except for the C++ version which is currently still at 3.04).

Still, you should just try it for what you are planning to use it /for/
and see if it meets /your/ specific needs.

kdahlhaus

Actually, that's exactly what I did last night. I found it all of the
things you said. Consistent api across functions, lots of methods of
formatting data labels. A+ on the documentation and examples. It
also includes various meters and gauges that I thought might add to the
application. I'm comparing it to the charting in Report Lab. I love
the fact that Report Lab lets you specify a function to call to
translate data points to labels. At this point I will still continue
to evaluate it, but so far it probably is not compelling enough to move
from Report Labs. I would highly recommend those need a graphics
package look at CD though.

km

Hi all,
Chart Director is a good module to implement graphs using in python.
i have been using it since 6 months for scientific data visualisation.
great module !!!
regards,
KM