    (http://www.advsofteng.com/index.html)? I'm thinking about purchasing
    it and looking for any feedback from the Python community. Thanks

    , Feb 18, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Does anyone here have experience with Chart Director
    > (http://www.advsofteng.com/index.html)? I'm thinking about purchasing
    > it and looking for any feedback from the Python community. Thanks

    Since ChartDirector is not exactly open source nor found its origin in a
    Python setting, my uneducated guess is that it will mostly be companies
    that use ChartDirector.

    However, from that vantage-point, ChartDirector is well-documented, has
    lots of examples, and is great value for the money; it's pretty straight
    forward, it covers all Python versions from 1.52 - 2.4, and the license
    generally encompasses all other language bindings, too (all being at
    version 4.0 except for the C++ version which is currently still at 3.04).

    Still, you should just try it for what you are planning to use it /for/
    and see if it meets /your/ specific needs.

    --
    Vincent Wehren

    Vincent Wehren, Feb 19, 2005

    Actually, that's exactly what I did last night. I found it all of the
    things you said. Consistent api across functions, lots of methods of
    formatting data labels. A+ on the documentation and examples. It
    also includes various meters and gauges that I thought might add to the
    application. I'm comparing it to the charting in Report Lab. I love
    the fact that Report Lab lets you specify a function to call to
    translate data points to labels. At this point I will still continue
    to evaluate it, but so far it probably is not compelling enough to move
    from Report Labs. I would highly recommend those need a graphics
    package look at CD though.

    , Feb 19, 2005
  4. km Guest

    Hi all,
    Chart Director is a good module to implement graphs using in python.
    i have been using it since 6 months for scientific data visualisation.
    great module !!!
    regards,
    KM

    km, Feb 21, 2005