    Any packages I should check ?

    Thanks

    , Dec 30, 2004

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Not sure whether this can be done. Someone asked me whether I could

    do
    > some CGI-Perl to chart organisation charts dynamically. I have a
    > database of people of which I can change layout, no problem there.
    > However... was wondering as to which perl package would be suitable

    for
    > doing this. I hope something that is installed on most standard perl
    > installs is available for doing this.
    > Any packages I should check ?

    For CGI applications, you want CGI.pm
    For database connectivity, you want DBI and the appropriate
    DBD::<database> package
    For the charts, there are a variety of options. I'd recommend trying
    out GD::Graph first.

    CGI.pm is standard. The others can be found at http://search.cpan.org

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Paul Lalli Guest

    "Paul Lalli" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Not sure whether this can be done. Someone asked me whether I could
    > > do some CGI-Perl to chart organisation charts dynamically.

    > For the charts, there are a variety of options. I'd recommend trying
    > out GD::Graph first.

    I misread your original objective. Rather than GD::Graph, you may wish
    to try either GD::OrgChart or Image::OrgChart. Both available from
    CPAN.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Dec 30, 2004