    trying to accomplish but I need advice on best third party charts /
    graphs to make this task easy.

    Experts please help. Thanks.

    jonny, Aug 8, 2009

  2. jonny

    jonny Guest

    On Aug 8, 1:41 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jonny" <> wrote in message

    > > I need something that is run-time free, unlimited users, redistributable,
    > > etc.

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cottgu/archive/2008/11/24/new-asp-net-chartin...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Thanks Mark. Its hard to believe that there is actually something free
    on the market for charts. Someone else mentioned Chartfx at the
    following link:

    Take a look at chartfx
    http://www.softwarefx.com/

    Have you ever heard or used this? What is your opinion?

    jonny, Aug 8, 2009

  3. jonny

    jonny Guest

    On Aug 8, 5:27 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jonny" <> wrote in message

    > >http://www.softwarefx.com/

    > > Have you ever heard [of]

    > Yes.
    >
    > > or used this?

    > No.
    >
    > > What is your opinion?

    > See above...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Thanks Mark. I think what you just turned me on to here will do
    everything I need to do that I was thinking I would have to spend
    about $2600. Is this correct? I mean will this allow me to make
    software for companies redistributable that does everything that for
    example i could do by spending $2600 with http://www.softwarefx.com/ ,
    http://www.componentsource.com will do???? Have you ever heard of
    http://www.componentsource.com...just carious to see and if you agree
    this asp.net charts you turned me on to will do all that? Your
    response is very much appreciated.

    Well thank you very very much sir!!!!!!

    jonny, Aug 9, 2009
  4. jonny

    jonny Guest

    On Aug 9, 3:21 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jonny" <> wrote in message

    > > I would have to spend about $2600. Is this correct?

    > I have no idea how much you would have to spend.
    >
    > > I mean will this allow me to make redistributable software for companies

    > Yes.
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Hi Mark,

    I am trying out this chart control and ran into a snag and maybe you
    know the answer to this.

    I have a sql table with four column named Availability, Performance,
    Quality and OEE. I am wanting to make a simple bar graph with each of
    the columns having its on bar in the graph. However this is not
    exactly the x and y relationship that the .net graph control is
    looking for since it wants to see the value and name in separate
    columns such as...

    COLUMN 1/name COLUMN 2/value
    Availability .5
    Performance .75
    Quality .88
    OEE .75

    Off course if I had the information in a table like above I would have
    no problem making the chart since the .net chart control is looking
    for this x and y format. However my data is in the table like so...

    Column 1/ Availability Column 2/ Performance Column
    3/ Quality Column 4/ OEE
    ..5 .
    75 .88 .75

    So you see I have to figure out a way to get the chart to read my
    table in this format. Do you have any suggestions or examples on how
    to get around this. Another program is putting the data into sql this
    was so I cannot just change the sql table structure without totally
    reprogramming so I have to find away to pull the data out of the table
    while in this format.

    I really appreciate your help and expertise. Thanks.

    jonny, Sep 29, 2009
  5. jonny

    jonny Guest

    On Sep 29, 11:08 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jonny" <> wrote in message

    > > Do you have any suggestions or examples on how to get around this?

    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=SQL Se...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Thanks Mark for responding. Is there a way to do this from VB.net to
    pull the data out and format it into desire format so that I can make
    the charts? Also is there a way to do this with .net charts without
    having to modify the sql table?

    jonny, Sep 29, 2009
  6. jonny

    jonny Guest

    On Sep 29, 5:18 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jonny" <> wrote in message

    > >>http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=SQL Se...

    > > Is there a way to do this from VB.NET to pull the data out and format it
    > > into desired format
    > > so that I can make the charts?

    > You can do pretty much anything you like in VB.NET if you really want to.
    >
    > The question here, though, is why on earth would you want to spend time
    > writing something in VB.NET which can be achieved with half a dozen lines of
    > T-SQL...?
    >
    > > Also is there a way to do this with .net charts without having to modify
    > > the SQL table?

    > Modify the SQL table? Who suggested doing that? I certainly didn't...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Thanks Mark. You said a half dozen lines of T-SQL will do the trick.
    Could you please share with me this code example as I am really
    struggling to comprehend and understand this. I read through the link
    you sent earlier but could not make out how to achieve it.

    jonny, Sep 30, 2009
  7. jonny

    jonny Guest

    On Sep 30, 7:16 am, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "jonny" <> wrote in message

    > > Thanks Mark. You said a half dozen lines of T-SQL will do the trick.
    > > Could you please share with me this code example as I am really
    > > struggling to comprehend and understand this. I read through the link
    > > you sent earlier but could not make out how to achieve it.

    > The link I gave you was a Google search which returned dozens of examples of
    > how to do precisely what you are looking for:
    >
    > Here's one:http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1019
    >
    > I'm afraid I just don't have the time to actually write your application for
    > you...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Mark I finally got this one with your direction. I had to use the
    UNPIVOT query method to achieve result. I got to this from the link
    you sent me. I really appreciate your help.

    jonny, Oct 1, 2009