Chat server telnet client problem

Dhiraj Girdhar

Hi,
I copied chat server code from one or Ruby site.
Following code is working fine But I am facing very small problem, when
i am launching any client using telnet, then I am not able to see what I
am typing on client console.
example :
telnet localhost 7666

Please help me to find out the problem.

Regards:
Dhiraj

require 'socket'
class ChatServer

def initialize(port) #Instantiating the server
@sockets_in = Array.new
@serv_sock = TCPServer.new("",port)
@serv_sock.setsockopt(Socket::SOL_SOCKET, Socket::SO_REUSEADDR, 1)
puts "Chat server started on port #{port}."
@sockets_in.push(@serv_sock)
end

def run # The runtime code for the server
while true
someone_there = select(@sockets_in, nil, nil, nil)
if someone_there != nil #Someone IS there, maybe wanting to
talk?
for socket in someone_there[0] #Check the sockets array
#Do we have a connect,...
if socket == @serv_sock then
accept_new
else
#...or did they leave,...
if socket.eof? then #If it sends an end of file notice
- client disconnected.
str = "Client left
#{socket.peeraddr[2]}:#{socket.peeraddr[1]}."
broadcast_string(str,socket)
socket.close
@sockets_in.delete(socket)
else
#...or are they talking?
str = "#{socket.peeraddr[2]}:#{socket.peeraddr[1]}
says: #{socket.gets}"
broadcast_string(str,socket)
end
end
end
end
end
end

private

def broadcast_string(str,omit_sock) #Broadcasts the string to all
available receiving sockets.
@sockets_in.each do |client_sock| #each socket in the @sockets_in
array do this:
if client_sock != @serv_sock && client_sock != omit_sock #if
it's not the server socket, and not the one that sent it...
client_sock.write(str) #...write it to the client.
end
end
#and just to keep track on the server end...
puts(str)
end

def accept_new #accepts a new connection.
new_sock = @serv_sock.accept
@sockets_in.push(new_sock) #add new socket to sockets array.
new_sock.write("Welcome to Ruby Chat!") #let them feel welcome.
str = "Someone joined
(#{new_sock.peeraddr[2]}:#{new_sock.peeraddr[1]})."
broadcast_string(str,new_sock) #let everyone know someone came in.
end

end

myChat = ChatServer.new(7680)
myChat.run