    user a profile with a photo. May cost something if necessary.

    Any ideas?

    Gaius
    Gaius Baltar, Oct 27, 2007

  2. Gaius Baltar

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:24:47
    GMT Gaius Baltar scribed:

    > I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run
    > on php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also
    > for every user a profile with a photo. May cost something if
    > necessary.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Gaius

    Why not make your own?

    Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my now-retired
    home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may even resurrect it
    someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.

    Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Just a boogar in the proboscis of life.
    Neredbojias, Oct 27, 2007

  3. Gaius Baltar

    J.O. Aho Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 27 Oct 2007 19:24:47
    > GMT Gaius Baltar scribed:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run
    >> on php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also
    >> for every user a profile with a photo. May cost something if
    >> necessary.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Gaius

    > Why not make your own?
    >
    > Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my now-retired
    > home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may even resurrect it
    > someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.
    >
    > Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.

    Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
    based solution? Be a human and use irc.

    --

    //Aho
    J.O. Aho, Oct 28, 2007
  4. Gaius Baltar

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:52:16
    GMT J.O. Aho scribed:

    >>> I'm looking for a chat for my website in PHP or Flash (if it can run
    >>> on php-servers). It should have registering and guest entry and also
    >>> for every user a profile with a photo. May cost something if
    >>> necessary.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Gaius

    >> Why not make your own?
    >>
    >> Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my
    >> now-retired home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may
    >> even resurrect it someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.
    >>
    >> Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.
    >>

    > Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
    > based solution? Be a human and use irc.

    Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc? Furthermore,
    I tried being human once and it definitely sucked the big banana.

    Neredbojias, Oct 28, 2007

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 28, 2007
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
    <> writing in

    Internet Relay Chat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services
    Adrienne Boswell, Oct 28, 2007
  7. Gaius Baltar

    dorayme Guest

    http://people.aapt.net.au/~miltonreid/chatroom.html

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Oct 28, 2007
  8. Gaius Baltar

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:11:44
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
    >>> based solution? Be a human and use irc.

    >> Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc?
    >> Furthermore, I tried being human once and it definitely sucked the
    >> big banana.

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

    Well, for your information, I found that explanation rather ircsome.

    Neredbojias, Oct 28, 2007
  9. Gaius Baltar

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:10:37
    GMT dorayme scribed:

    >> Neredbojias wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Okay, it's daunting - I'll admit, but I made a mini-blog for my
    >> > now-retired home page a few months ago and that was a gas! I may
    >> > even resurrect it someday but I'm on a minimalist spree right now.
    >> >
    >> > Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard though it will take time.
    >> >

    >> Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
    >> based solution? Be a human and use irc.

    > http://people.aapt.net.au/~miltonreid/chatroom.html

    rf says it's a hard choice. The broad's cute but the guy's naked...

    Neredbojias, Oct 28, 2007
  10. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:11:44
    > GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc?
    >>> Furthermore, I tried being human once and it definitely sucked the
    >>> big banana.

    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

    > Well, for your information, I found that explanation rather ircsome.

    You're just jircing me around.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 29, 2007
  11. Gaius Baltar

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:05:03 GMT
    Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

    >> Well, for your information, I found that explanation rather ircsome.

    > You're just jircing me around.

    Well at least it's not a circling jircling.

    Neredbojias, Oct 29, 2007
  12. Neredbojias wrote:
    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:05:03 GMT
    > Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> Well, for your information, I found that explanation rather ircsome.

    >> You're just jircing me around.

    > Well at least it's not a circling jircling.

    And there's no fircing involved, either.

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 29, 2007
  13. Gaius Baltar

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 05:10:08
    GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> You're just jircing me around.

    >> Well at least it's not a circling jircling.

    > And there's no fircing involved, either.

    Probably 'cause it's in quircs mode.

    Neredbojias, Oct 29, 2007
  14. Gaius Baltar

    Gaius Baltar Guest

    Thank you very much, but...hm... all your hints and suggestions are really
    funny, but do someone got a real hint? I don't want to use IRC. If I'd need
    IRC I'd use and mention it. ;-) Not for nothing I said in PHP or Flash.
    So... anymore hints? :) Would be really great.

    Gaius
    Gaius Baltar, Oct 29, 2007
  15. Neredbojias wrote:

    > Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007
    > 05:10:08 GMT Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> Well at least it's not a circling jircling.

    >> And there's no fircing involved, either.

    > Probably 'cause it's in quircs mode.

    I can never tell how that's going to wirc.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Oct 29, 2007
  16. Gaius Baltar

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:26:37 GMT
    Blinky the Shark scribed:

    >>> And there's no fircing involved, either.

    >> Probably 'cause it's in quircs mode.

    > I can never tell how that's going to wirc.

    That's one of the pircs. Don't be a tircey.

    --
    Bone Ur
    Cavemen have stronger pheromones.
    Bone Ur, Oct 29, 2007
  17. Gaius Baltar

    Bone Ur Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:16:50 GMT
    Adrienne Boswell scribed:

    > Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Neredbojias
    > <> writing in
    >
    >>> Why not use a system that is made for chatting instead of a slow web
    >>> based solution? Be a human and use irc.

    >> Well, your question seems logical enough, but what's an irc?

    > Internet Relay Chat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRC

    Read it. It just confused me.

    Bone Ur, Oct 29, 2007