Check another server's certficate from asp.net Code behind

Wardeaux

I have an asp.net program that needs to request info from another server but
authenticate that other server certificate to ensure an "unauthroized"
redirect has occurred. Note that "authorized" redirect can occur, we need to
validate the server cert to ensure we're still submitting sensative info to
the correct server...
any clues where to start? Many thanks!
wardeaux

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

You might consider doing an HttpWebRequest to the target server and
implementing a custom ICertificatePolicy class to attach the
ServicePointManager. It will then call your function and allow you to see
the certificate, service point, request and certificate validation problem
(if there was one) and let you decide whether to allow the request or not.

Joe K.