check cgi command?

ela

I want to know what exactly the command (or URL) it is to send to a server
after clicking "go" button on a web page. Some time ago a friend told me
installing some debugger may do that?

Since I don't know what keywords should be used, Google can't help me...

Thx for your suggestions~

Jukka K. Korpela

ela said:
I want to know what exactly the command (or URL) it is to send to a
server after clicking "go" button on a web page. Some time ago a
friend told me installing some debugger may do that?

I'd recommend the Tamper Data extension to Firefox.

It lets you view the URL as well as both request and response headers and
the POST data. (When the form has method="POST", the form data is sent as
POST data, whereas with the default method="GET", it's sent in the URL.)

Moreover, it lets you modify the request data before it gets sent, i.e.
intervene in the communication from the browser to the server. (By the way,
the simplicity of doing such things is one reason why one should not rely on
client-side checks of form data.)