    running rails in development or production within an application?

    Thanks in advance ...

    DC - Any day above ground is a good day!

    Blazer, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Blazer

    fg Guest

    Blazer wrote:
    > Is there a way to determine (global variable) to determine whether I'm
    > running rails in development or production within an application?
    >
    > Thanks in advance ...
    >
    > DC - Any day above ground is a good day!

    Can check ENV['RAILS_ENV'] which contains either 'development', 'test',
    'production'.

    Francois

    fg, Jul 12, 2006

  3. On 7/11/06, Blazer <> wrote:
    > Is there a way to determine (global variable) to determine whether I'm
    > running rails in development or production within an application?

    This is better answered on the Rails mailing list, joinable from
    <http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo/rails>. The mailing
    list you posted to is about Ruby programming in general, which means
    that only *some* of the people on this list care about Rails issues.
    I'm glad you got your answer, but please try to restrict Rails
    questions to the Rails list.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler * * http://www.halostatue.ca/