    asp.net. I'm trying to develop a support type page that checks necessary
    components, database connections etc.. last item is to check for the .NET
    extensions. Is there a way to do that from a classic ASP page?

    Bryan Harrington, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Bryan Harrington wrote:
    > Hello.. I'm working on a "hybrid" application some classic ASP, and
    > some asp.net. I'm trying to develop a support type page that checks
    > necessary components, database connections etc.. last item is to
    > check for the .NET extensions. Is there a way to do that from a
    > classic ASP page?

    None that I'm aware of, especially if you're asking how to check for such
    things on the client machine. You'd probably be better off asking at

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 25, 2005

  3. Thanks Bob.. no, I'm not trying to check the client machine.. trying to
    check the server configuration. I'm trying to create a diag type page that a
    first level end user can pull up with support on the phone and have it list
    the Database connection, check for the installed Components, list the
    application variables, etc.

    I've got it working the way I want it, but I'd really like to add a check
    for the .NET framework without having to load up an .aspx page.. although
    that would work too..

    Bryan Harrington, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Bryan Harrington

    teknohippy Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:22:39 -0500, "Bryan Harrington"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks Bob.. no, I'm not trying to check the client machine.. trying to
    >check the server configuration. I'm trying to create a diag type page that a
    >first level end user can pull up with support on the phone and have it list
    >the Database connection, check for the installed Components, list the
    >application variables, etc.
    >
    >I've got it working the way I want it, but I'd really like to add a check
    >for the .NET framework without having to load up an .aspx page.. although
    >that would work too..

    Pretty sure the most solid way is to have to load up that .aspx page.
    Do it from within the asp using the xml ServerXMLHTTP whotsit?

    Iain Norman | http://www.eliteforum.org

    teknohippy, Jan 26, 2005