Check i2c slave

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by rickman, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. rickman

    rickman Guest

    David wrote:

    > Hello,
    > I am developing I2C slave module on VHDL and I want to test it. Can you
    > recommend me some hardware/software that I can use as I2C master and execute
    > different I2C requests to test my module?
    >
    > David.

    I can't say they have a test bench, but there is a core available at

    http://www.opencores.org/projects.cgi/web/i2c/overview

    You may find that they have a test bench written already.

    --

    Rick "rickman" Collins

    removed.

    4 King Ave 301-682-7772 Voice
    Frederick, MD 21701-3110 301-682-7666 FAX

    rickman, Sep 15, 2004

  2. rickman

    David Guest

    http://www.usenet.com

    David, Sep 16, 2004

  3. rickman

    Marcus Guest

    I have used I2CBridge from Dimax
    (http://www.xdimax.com/u2c/u2c11.html)
    I developed i2c slave in firmware(asm) but it's seems to be no
    difference in testing.
    They have 3 levels of i2c bus commands:
    1. Sending complete i2c read/write transactions (including start,
    slave address, data and stop as single transaction)
    2. Sending separate i2c commands (the same start, stop and data but
    which can be sent in separate commands). This is esspecially useful
    during implementation of the corresponding blocks.
    3. Monitoring and changing i2c bus wires (SCL and SDA). Those commands
    helped me to find the bug when my routines didn't released bus.

    All of these commands can be sent from GUI application. They also have
    library which you can use to build more sophisticated scripts to debug
    your module. I used it to prepare stress tests.

    Marcus, Sep 16, 2004