Check if a Link is Visited

joeandtel

Is there a way to check if a link has been visited using JavaScript? I
have a table of data and the front of each row has a link to another
page. Of course the browser knows if a link has been visited and
changes the color of the link, but I would like to change the
background of each row that has been visited. Is there a way to read
the visited status of a link using JavaScript?

Martin Honnen

Is there a way to check if a link has been visited using JavaScript? I
have a table of data and the front of each row has a link to another
page. Of course the browser knows if a link has been visited and
changes the color of the link, but I would like to change the
background of each row that has been visited. Is there a way to read
the visited status of a link using JavaScript?

I think it is possible with some browsers, the script given here
<http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/33314>
works for me with Netscape 7.2, Firefox 1.0, Opera 7.50 (and should
probably work with other Mozilla browsers and other Opera 7.xy versions
too).
The script however doesn't work with IE 6.

larrybud2002

Is there a way to check if a link has been visited using JavaScript? I
have a table of data and the front of each row has a link to another
page. Of course the browser knows if a link has been visited and
changes the color of the link, but I would like to change the
background of each row that has been visited. Is there a way to read
the visited status of a link using JavaScript?

Just trap an onclick event and using CSS set the class of the row to
"visited" or some other name when the user clicks on the link.