    background of each row that has been visited. Is there a way to read
    the visited status of a link using JavaScript?

    , Jan 12, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Is there a way to check if a link has been visited using JavaScript? I
    > have a table of data and the front of each row has a link to another
    > page. Of course the browser knows if a link has been visited and
    > changes the color of the link, but I would like to change the
    > background of each row that has been visited. Is there a way to read
    > the visited status of a link using JavaScript?

    I think it is possible with some browsers, the script given here
    <http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/33314>
    works for me with Netscape 7.2, Firefox 1.0, Opera 7.50 (and should
    probably work with other Mozilla browsers and other Opera 7.xy versions
    too).
    The script however doesn't work with IE 6.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jan 12, 2005

    wrote:
    > Is there a way to check if a link has been visited using JavaScript?

    > have a table of data and the front of each row has a link to another
    > page. Of course the browser knows if a link has been visited and
    > changes the color of the link, but I would like to change the
    > background of each row that has been visited. Is there a way to read
    > the visited status of a link using JavaScript?

    Just trap an onclick event and using CSS set the class of the row to
    "visited" or some other name when the user clicks on the link.

    , Jan 12, 2005