check if a webpage is forwarding to a other webpage

Discussion in 'Python' started by martijn@gamecreators.nl, Sep 6, 2005.

  1. Guest

    H!

    I'm busy with testing python and now i'm trying to check if a url makes
    a forward to a other location with the same content.

    So it will be possible to scan unique website's.
    I already made these checks:

    the html forward:

    the header:

    the url - check:
    if '-':
    check if 'sitename.com' has not the same content as site-name.com

    the problem:
    There are still website's forwarding to a other location with the same
    content but they overrule the 3 checks above.

    Thanks very Much,
    GC-Martijn
    , Sep 6, 2005

    wrote:
    > H!
    >
    > I'm busy with testing python and now i'm trying to check if a url makes
    > a forward to a other location with the same content.
    >
    > So it will be possible to scan unique website's.
    > I already made these checks:
    >
    > the html forward:
    >
    > the header:
    >
    > the url - check:
    > if '-':
    > check if 'sitename.com' has not the same content as site-name.com
    >

    > the problem:
    > There are still website's forwarding to a other location with the same
    > content but they overrule the 3 checks above.

    there is also a simple Location: in header, as well as javascript
    redirects (these are the most evil)

    | Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
    | __..--^^^--..__ garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk |
    , Sep 6, 2005