    does any one know of a way that i could use to check if the data in the
    table has changed.

    Thanks all in advance

    mike, May 13, 2004

  2. You could add a "LastModified" field to the DB.
    Whenever you update a record, be sure to update that field.
    Then you can just check that field to see if anything has changed since you
    last checked.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    "mike" <> wrote in message
    > I'm writting a q&a chat application and hae a small refeshing IFRAME to
    > check if there has been a new or modified chat item written, if so the

    main

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], May 13, 2004

  3. mike

    mike Guest

    Thanks for the reply but it's not a field i want to keep an eye on its the
    whole table.
    any ideas?

    thanks anyway

    mike, May 13, 2004
  4. Perhaps you missed my point. This field would keep track of if anything in
    the whole table has changed.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP