Check if DB table has changed

mike

I'm writting a q&a chat application and hae a small refeshing IFRAME to
check if there has been a new or modified chat item written, if so the main
chat window refreshes and the datagrid gets refreshed with the new data.
My problem is the "check if there has been a change in the Database"

does any one know of a way that i could use to check if the data in the
table has changed.

Thanks all in advance

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

You could add a "LastModified" field to the DB.
Whenever you update a record, be sure to update that field.
Then you can just check that field to see if anything has changed since you
last checked.

mike

Thanks for the reply but it's not a field i want to keep an eye on its the
whole table.
any ideas?

thanks anyway

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Perhaps you missed my point. This field would keep track of if anything in
the whole table has changed.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP