Check if e-mail exists...

Onur Bozkurt

Is there anyway to check if an e-mail address exists.....
I mean someone entered a mail address in a form... I wan't to check if that
e-mail reallly exists, doesn't matter if he/she really owns it.

Thanks...

Drebin

Either this, or you can write a quickie SMTP client.. if they type in
(e-mail address removed) (sorry if this is someone's email) - you can attach
yahoo.com and do something like EHLO, then RECP (e-mail address removed) and it will
return whether the email is valid or not.. this is slow, and not reliable -
as there is no gaurantee of what version/standard thier mail server adhere's
to....

Joined
Feb 5, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
See link to check if an email address exisits - webdigi.co.uk/blog/2009/how-to-check-if-an-email-address-exists-without-sending-an-email/