Check if user is authenticated and get its profile. Thank you.

shapper

Hello,

I need to check if the current user is authenticated and get its
profile.

For authentication checking I got the following options:
Request.IsAuthenticated.ToString
My.User.IsAuthenticated.ToString
User.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString

Which one should I use?
And how can I get the profile?

Thanks,
Miguel

Michael Nemtsev

Hello Shapper,

S> I need to check if the current user is authenticated and get its
S> profile.
S> For authentication checking I got the following options:
S> Request.IsAuthenticated.ToString My.User.IsAuthenticated.ToString
S> User.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString
S> Which one should I use?

Anyone, they are the same (u can sure it using Reflector)

S> And how can I get the profile?

smth like
ProfileCommon pc = (ProfileCommon)context.Profile;
pc = pc.GetProfile("johndoe");

---
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [C# MVP].
My blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour
Team blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com/

shapper

Hello Shapper,

S> I need to check if the current user is authenticated and get its
S> profile.
S> For authentication checking I got the following options:
S> Request.IsAuthenticated.ToString My.User.IsAuthenticated.ToString
S> User.Identity.IsAuthenticated.ToString
S> Which one should I use?

Anyone, they are the same (u can sure it using Reflector)

S> And how can I get the profile?

smth like
ProfileCommon pc = (ProfileCommon)context.Profile;
pc = pc.GetProfile("johndoe");

Those lines you wrote get the profile of a given user.
But what about the profile of the user which is currently
authenticated?
---