    I need to know the protection of a memory region in UNIX (protected
    with mprotect) system call. Is there a way to do it?
    Thanks.
    Javier, Aug 21, 2007

  2. Javier

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Javier wrote:

    > I need to know the protection of a memory region in UNIX (protected
    > with mprotect) system call. Is there a way to do it?

    Not in Standard C, no, because that's pretty much Unix-blind.
    Try asking in comp.unix.programmer, where they'll doubtless
    know what you can do with Unix system calls.

    --
    Short-Sighted Not Blind Hedgehog
    Otherface: Jena RDF/Owl toolkit http://jena.sourceforge.net/
    Chris Dollin, Aug 21, 2007

  3. Javier

    Al Balmer Guest

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:08:43 -0700, Javier <>
    wrote:

    >Hello all,
    >I need to know the protection of a memory region in UNIX (protected
    >with mprotect) system call. Is there a way to do it?
    >Thanks.

    Generic answer: Remember the parameters you called mprotect with. If
    you're looking for something else, it's off topic here. Try a
    newsgroup that deals with Unix.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ
    Al Balmer, Aug 21, 2007
  4. Javier <> writes:
    > I need to know the protection of a memory region in UNIX (protected
    > with mprotect) system call. Is there a way to do it?

    Not in standard C. Try comp.unix.programmer.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 21, 2007