check that 64 bit compiler is installed properly on solaris 10

TsanChung

It is not true that 32b JVM must run only as client.  I've run 32b
Java in server mode many times.

It is not true that 64b JVM must run only as server.  I've run 64b
Java in client mode many times.

In the following configuration, can 32bit and 64bit JVM run in both
client and server mode?

$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode, sharing)
$ /usr/java/bin/sparcv9/java -version
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
It is not true that 32b JVM must run only as client. I've run 32b
Java in server mode many times.

It is not true that 64b JVM must run only as server. I've run 64b
Java in client mode many times.

So there is a separate produce to specify 32/64 bit JVM on Solaris ?

Arne

"Fascism should rightly be called Corporatism,
as it is a merge of State and Corporate power."

--- Benito Mussolini, the Father of Fascism.

Arne Vajhøj

Lew said:
It is not true that 32b JVM must run only as client. I've run 32b
Java in server mode many times.

It is not true that 64b JVM must run only as server. I've run 64b
Java in client mode many times.

So there is a separate switch to specify 32/64 bit JVM on Solaris ?

Arne