check whether internet connection is live from c++

jeffreykr

hi, i am trying to this from portable code. ie, i have seen how to
check for a live connection from .NET but i'm not using those
libraries. any other way to check for a live internet connection from c
++? any libraries with a function that could be used? thanks.

Victor Bazarov

hi, i am trying to this from portable code. ie, i have seen how to
check for a live connection from .NET but i'm not using those
libraries. any other way to check for a live internet connection from
c ++? any libraries with a function that could be used? thanks.

Yes, I am sure there are libraries. They are not portable, however.
They can be cross-platform, enough to cover all platforms you're
interested in, but, alas, no completely portable solution exists.
If it did, it would be part of C++ standard library, and it ain't.