    support cookies (ie login?)?

    Thanks
    Jason
    Guest, Aug 5, 2004

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2058

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    <> wrote in message
    news:#0ImP$...
    > It is possible to check via ASP whether cookies are enabled for a person's
    > web browser and based on this check send him to another page which does

    not

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 5, 2004

    Guest Guest

    This seems similiar to this article which points out it the process could be
    ruined by caching and the fact that it uses up server resources:

    http://www.asp101.com/articles/john/cookiedetect/default.asp

    Would you advise using this approach to allow user to bypass login screen if
    he is present in database?

    Guest, Aug 5, 2004

    Guest Guest

    Does this solution also hold true for users whose browsers have cookies
    enabled but have turned them off?

    Guest, Aug 5, 2004

    Evertjan. Guest

    <http://www.google.com/search?num=100&q=ASP+whether+cookies+are+enabled>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 5, 2004
  6. Yes. It would probably take you all of 45 seconds to verify that for
    yourself, though... ;-)

    Remember, it is not checking a setting, it is setting a cookie and then
    trying to read it! Whether they have a browser that doesn't support
    cookies, or it does but they turned them off, the result will be the same,
    no?

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)