checkbox list and radio button list

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by puja, May 21, 2006.

  1. puja

    puja Guest

    hi all,

    I have a form which has checkbox list which has items as below

    1) Input 1
    2) Input 2
    3) Input 3
    4) Input 4
    5) Input 5

    Now if user selects Input2 and Input5 and goes to next page and then comes
    back to this page, I want to retain the selected Item that he selected
    before. i.e Checkboxlist should display Input 2 and Input 5 as checked and
    now if wants to change his selection to Input 1 and Input 5, he can change
    his selection and proceed to next page.

    My problem is I don't know how to retain the selection that he made
    previously. i.e how do i store items that he selected at the first time when
    he visited the page.

    Same problem with RadioButtonList. :(

    Pls help.......
    puja, May 21, 2006

  2. puja

    mnichols Guest

    keep track of the info in a Session variable, i.e. in c#
    Session["input1IsChecked"]=true; or
    Session["input1IsChecked"]=false;

    mnichols, May 24, 2006