Checkbox Template Column will not display

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?d3djb29w?=, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. I am connected to an Access Database.
    I am reading a Yes/No field from the DB
    which translates back as True/False in
    the text field of my datagrid.
    I want to use a checkbox to show the
    value instead of text.
    I have set up the template column using
    the datagrid properties wizard.
    Within "Edit Template" mode I have
    put two checkboxes into the "Item Template"
    and "Edit Item Template" fields.
    Under the "Data Bindings" screen I have
    selected "Checked" as the bindable property.
    Under "Binding for checked" on the same
    screen I have selected "Container,Data Item,"
    and the field I want.
    When I run the ap., there are no checkboxes
    displayed on the form.
    I don't understand what is causing them to
    not be displayed.

    Interestingly enough, I tried adding a column
    and using the make into template option to
    examine the settings in template edit mode.
    This displays, but I don't see any differences
    between the settings in this mode and the
    settings I am using.

    Any thoughts on why the checkboxes don't
    display? Thanks!

    --
    Will Cooper
    Application Programmer