Checkbox XP Styles

Josua Burkard

Hello together

How can i create a Checkbox / Radio Button in XP Style?

I see it on different Websites, but i can't find a difference in the source
Code.

Greetings Josh

Els

Josua said:
How can i create a Checkbox / Radio Button in XP Style?

I see it on different Websites, but i can't find a difference in the source
Code.

Do you have an example of what you consider an XP style checkbox or
radio button? Or better: two examples, to compare a non-XP style and
an XP style checkbox/radio button?

Toby Inkster

Josua said:
How can i create a Checkbox / Radio Button in XP Style?

If you are using IE6 on Windows XP, Checkboxes and Radion buttons are
XP-style by default. IIRC, they only go back to the older style controls
if you start applying CSS to them.

Josua Burkard

Thank you

this was the problem, i had an CSS for the INPUT-Tag

After remove the border-style it comes in XP-Style.

Thanks
Josh

Chris Hope

Josua said:
Thank you

this was the problem, i had an CSS for the INPUT-Tag

After remove the border-style it comes in XP-Style.

Of course, it will only have the "xp style" on xp. On all other
platforms they will look different (including xp machines which revert
to the "windows classic" style).

Starshine Moonbeam

Chris Hope said:
Of course, it will only have the "xp style" on xp. On all other
platforms they will look different (including xp machines which revert
to the "windows classic" style).

I have my XP set to that. Hate the new one.

SpaceGirl

Chris said:
Josua Burkard wrote:

Of course, it will only have the "xp style" on xp. On all other
platforms they will look different (including xp machines which revert
to the "windows classic" style).

You can overide it using a meta tag - IE will render "old style" form
elements regardless of the users Windows version.

Joined
May 13, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
HTML Radio - Checkbox issue in ie

Hi, I have some radio and checkboxes in my form, they are displayed in XP style, when I clicked on those elements, their styles are changed to Normal (like in 98/2000). Anyone could help to solve this.

Attachments

  • checkbox.jpg
    checkbox.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 167