Checkboxlist - inserting values into tables

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=, Feb 9, 2005.

  1. I have four related tables. I need to do an insert on three of them. I
    created a stored procedure that handles the insert on two of the tables
    correctly . . . then I get to a tough part.

    The third table consists of merely SomeID2 col from the second table and
    SomeID4 that comes from the fourth table.

    The fourth table is used to populate a checkboxlist and contains only
    SomeID4 and a description.

    In order to fill the third table, I have to loop through the checked items
    in the checkboxlist and get the SomeID4 values to throw into it, along with
    the SomeID2 values for each row.

    I can't seem to find a way to merely put the language at the end of the
    stored procedure that works. I then tried an additional stored procedure for
    just the third table that I executed in a loop in my VB code. It runs
    without errors, but is not filling the third table!!

    I tried the following:

    <snip>
    Dim li as ListItem
    For Each li in cblSType.Items
    If li.Selected then
    Dim cmd2 as New Sqlclient.SqlCommand
    cmd2 = cnn.CreateCommand
    cmd2 = New SqlCommand("spInsertTType", cnn)
    cmd2.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
    cmd2.Parameters.Add("@TID", StoreTID)
    cmd2.Parameters.Add("@TFTypePK", li.Value)
    End If
    Next
    <snip>

    I tried to get the SomeID2 value from Table 2 at the beginning of the code
    when I was listing the parameters for filling the tables that worked:
    <snip>
    cmd.Parameters.Add("@TID", 4)
    cmd.Parameters("@TID").Direction = ParameterDirection.Output
    Dim StoreTID As Integer
    StoreTID = cmd.Parameters("@TID").Value
    <snip>

    Any help anyone can give me will be greatly appreciated! I've been working
    on this one for hours -- I'm to the point where I'm just going round 'n round.

    --
    Sandy
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FuZHk=?=, Feb 9, 2005