    can't get the state of any of the selected items. Any idea how I can try and
    deal with this? I put all of the code to check for selected items in the
    Wizard_NextButtonClick event.

    Andy B, Jan 6, 2009

  2. Andy B

    Hillbilly Guest

    The Wizard requires a lot of study Andy. Go to the documentation and review
    the event handlers this control supports. You want to use the
    OnActiveStepChanged event handler.

    Hillbilly, Jan 6, 2009

  3. Andy B

    Andy B Guest

    Hi.

    I have the following code in side the ActiveStepChanged event And I still
    get a blank string. It is supposed to get the text and value of the selected
    items and show them in the label control on the next step. Any idea what
    might be going wrong here? It doesn't seem to work anywhere I put it. I saw
    on a forum thread that the checkboxList has problems with postbacks when it
    is bound to anything other than static items or directly to a database
    table. Could this be the problem? I am using linq to sql for my datasources.

    Andy B, Jan 6, 2009
  4. Andy B

    Hillbilly Guest

    I'd try writing the HTML control(s) myself using runat="server" to work
    around what may be a buggy ASP.NET Web Server control.

    Hillbilly, Jan 7, 2009
  5. Andy B

    Andy B Guest

    What do you mean by this?

    Andy B, Jan 7, 2009
  6. Andy B

    Hillbilly Guest

    // create the HTML Control yourself
    <input type="checkbox" id="checkbox1" value="foo" runat="server" />

    // learn how to reference and use the HTML Control
    // google
    HtmlGenericControl

    Hillbilly, Jan 8, 2009
  7. Andy B

    Hillbilly Guest

    // I'm suggesting you create the HTML Control yourself
    <input type="checkbox" id="checkbox1" value="foo" runat="server" />

    // learn how to reference and use the HTML Control
    // google
    HtmlGenericControl

    I'm fairly certain we can modify the properties of a control in a step
    within the OnActiveStep event handler. You can test this amd learn to use
    the OnActiveStep by changing the properties of a label that will be
    displayed in the step the Wizard is moving to.

    Hillbilly, Jan 8, 2009