Checking for daylight saving

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message <[email protected]>
Dr J R Stockton wrote on 22 dec 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

I think, as you may have guessed, that JS Date()'s UTC support is a mess.

It would have been better to have all methods have a attribute
having them interact directly with the internal UTC date/time value of
any Date() object.

Or maybe for every Date Object to have a property that made it work
either in UTC or in LCT?
That way we could define functions,
that would work both for local time as for UTC:

Note that an algorithm correct for all LCT is correct for UTC (because
sometimes LTC is UTC), but an algorithm correct for UTC is not
necessarily correct for all LTC.

dateObj.getVarDate()

I know it exists in IE6 & IE7, but I've never investigated what it is
for. said:
"replied upon" ??

Indeed - relied upon?

Opera is 9.25.