Checking for memory leaks: valgrind versus insure++

rsina

Hi all,

Could someone please compare and contrast the merits of using the commercial
software insure++ to check for memory leaks in a C++ code with using the
free software valgrind? I specifically have the linux platform in mind. Is
the commercial software worth the price? Is it really better than valgrind?

Thanks.

Gianni Mariani

rsina said:
Hi all,

Could someone please compare and contrast the merits of using the commercial
software insure++ to check for memory leaks in a C++ code with using the
free software valgrind? I specifically have the linux platform in mind. Is
the commercial software worth the price? Is it really better than valgrind?

valgrind has been all I ever needed.

ettipmoez

rsina said:
Hi all,

Could someone please compare and contrast the merits of using the commercial
software insure++ to check for memory leaks in a C++ code with using the
free software valgrind? I specifically have the linux platform in mind. Is
the commercial software worth the price? Is it really better than valgrind?

Thanks.

I can't comment on insure, but valgrind is at least as easy to
use/reliable/informative as a two year old version of purify.

Ian.