checking if JavaScript is turned on...

Mel

can you help me with this ?

i need to know if javascript is enabled on the user's browser

thanks for your help

Mel

David Dorward

Mel said:
can you help me with this ?

i need to know if javascript is enabled on the user's browser

<script type="text/javascript">
function jsenabled() {
return true;
}
</script>

That will return true is JS is enabled.

Something tells me that this won't help very much. Maybe if you put the
question in context I could offer a more practical suggestion.

Janwillem Borleffs

Mel said:
can you help me with this ?

i need to know if javascript is enabled on the user's browser

Just put the following in the head section of your document:

<script type="text/javascript">
location.href = "js-enabled.html";
</script>

When JS has been disabled, the visitor won't be redirected...

JW

Hywel Jenkins

can you help me with this ?

i need to know if javascript is enabled on the user's browser
Think about that for a minute. What are you going to do once you've
determined whether it is or not?