Checking if socket is open with an array

Joel Ross

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with an array. I'm try to check if a service is
running by getting the values from an array. I have uploaded the code to
http://pastebin.com/

Code : test.pl
http://pastebin.com/m19bcecb

Code testsettings.pm
http://pastebin.com/m393894dc

It all works well if I have all the code in one file (provided here:
http://pastebin.com/m1d44408f), but when I provide the array in a
separate file it seems to not work. It does gets the values from the
array because their printed to the screen. I just don't understand why
it doesn't use those values to make the connection.

I need to have the array in a separate file to act like a properties file.

I'm running Perl v5.10.0 and running it on FC11. Any help appreciated.

Cheers

jrosco