    Thanks all

    -----------------------------
    This message is posted by http://Asp.ForumsZone.com
    Guest, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Look up the file system object (FSO) on yahoo and there is a size parameter
    for that object, you can then look at the file size from there.

    Stu

    <> wrote in message
    > Hey guys,
    >
    > Is there some code to check the page size of some webpages i am opening

    using asp or javascript?
    > I want to check that they are all over a certain amount (ie: they display

    something, and not just a blank page. )Also some code to make sure that the
    page is still valid (ie: It does not display "Page cannot be found")

    Stuart Palmer, Sep 22, 2003

    g g Guest

    Thanks, but the pages to be checked are not on my FTP, they are hosted
    by another site. Will the FSO still work?

    g g, Sep 22, 2003

    g g Guest

    Thanks, but will the FSO be useful if the pages to be opened are hosted
    by someone else?

    g g, Sep 22, 2003
  5. If you can access them by HTTP:// then you can use MSXML.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2173

    You can check content length, response status (e.g. 404), etc.

    Aaron Bertrand - MVP, Sep 22, 2003