    with my checks?
    thanks in advance
    Loftz

    Peter Loftus, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Peter Loftus

    Alex LeDonne Guest

    On Nov 9, 2007 5:48 AM, Peter Loftus <> wrote:
    > I have been trying to find a class that can take in a file path and
    > another argument like group id or read write permissions for different
    > people like root, group and other. The only class i can find that does
    > anything near that is the file or fileutils class but they can just set
    > groupids etc or check to see if the person running the process has read
    > or write privileges to the file in question.
    > Im just wondering then is there anyother classes that can help me out
    > with my checks?
    > thanks in advance
    > Loftz

    Well, you mentioned what you want the method to take as arguments, but
    what should it return? What are you checking?

    -A

    Alex LeDonne, Nov 9, 2007

  3. Peter Loftus

    Peter Loftus Guest

    Alex LeDonne wrote:
    > On Nov 9, 2007 5:48 AM, Peter Loftus <> wrote:
    >> I have been trying to find a class that can take in a file path and
    >> another argument like group id or read write permissions for different
    >> people like root, group and other. The only class i can find that does
    >> anything near that is the file or fileutils class but they can just set
    >> groupids etc or check to see if the person running the process has read
    >> or write privileges to the file in question.
    >> Im just wondering then is there anyother classes that can help me out
    >> with my checks?
    >> thanks in advance
    >> Loftz

    > Well, you mentioned what you want the method to take as arguments, but
    > what should it return? What are you checking?
    >
    > -A

    Like lets just say one of the functions checks the directory /var and
    finds out if 'other' has r-x privileges so then that function returns
    either true or false if it does then true if it doesn’t then it returns
    false.
    I just want to know if there is a class in a library that might have
    something already like that so I don’t have to waste my time and look
    into how I might write one up

    cheers
    Loftz

    Peter Loftus, Nov 14, 2007