checking permissions for config files

Peter Loftus

I have been trying to find a class that can take in a file path and
another argument like group id or read write permissions for different
people like root, group and other. The only class i can find that does
anything near that is the file or fileutils class but they can just set
groupids etc or check to see if the person running the process has read
or write privileges to the file in question.
Im just wondering then is there anyother classes that can help me out
with my checks?
thanks in advance
Loftz

Alex LeDonne

I have been trying to find a class that can take in a file path and
another argument like group id or read write permissions for different
people like root, group and other. The only class i can find that does
anything near that is the file or fileutils class but they can just set
groupids etc or check to see if the person running the process has read
or write privileges to the file in question.
Im just wondering then is there anyother classes that can help me out
with my checks?
thanks in advance
Loftz

Well, you mentioned what you want the method to take as arguments, but
what should it return? What are you checking?

-A

Peter Loftus

Alex said:
Well, you mentioned what you want the method to take as arguments, but
what should it return? What are you checking?

-A

Like lets just say one of the functions checks the directory /var and
finds out if 'other' has r-x privileges so then that function returns
either true or false if it does then true if it doesn’t then it returns
false.
I just want to know if there is a class in a library that might have
something already like that so I don’t have to waste my time and look
into how I might write one up

cheers
Loftz