Chicago Python Users Group Thurs May 11 at 7pm

Brian Ray

This will be our best meeting yet! ChiPy's Monthly meeting this Thurs.
May 11, 2006. 7pm.

(except for folks who want to help setup at 6:30 and get first dibs on
pizza)

Location
--------

ThoughtWorks' Chicago office
651 West Washington Blvd., 6th floor
Chicago, IL 60661

Location description:
"6 story, brick building on the Southwest corner of Washington Blvd. and
Desplaines St."
"Right next to the 90/94 freeway"
"Across the street from the Social Security building"

* Map <http://tinyurl.com/mgcxo>
* "Official" info <http://www.thoughtworks.com/chicagoInfo.html>

Call jason at 3 1 2 - 3 7 3 . 8 5 5 6 if you get locked out or lost.
(The external doors should be open, but be sure to enter on the "east"
side (Desplaines)

Street (meter) parking is available in the area. Shoot for "free" (no
meters) parking on the South side of the building if you're lucky. And
be sure to feed those meters; Brother Leader Daley collects tons of cash
from meter fines in this area. Garage parking is also available across
the street (technically across the interstate) at the very tall
SkyBridge condo building.

1) The closest "L" stop is Clinton on the "Green Line". (About an 8
minute walk from TW.)
2) The closest Metra station is the Ogilvie Transportation Center (in
the Citibank Building) 2 blocks east of TW. (a 4 minute walk)
3) The closest water taxi stop is at Madison Street Bridge at 2 North
Riverside Plaza. (<http://www.wendellariverbus.com/rbdock.htm>) ;-)
4) I can't find good info on the nearest helipad. Sorry, Mr. Trump.
5) Besides garage parking at SkyBridge across the freeway and meter
parking around the building, there is additional garage parking at the
Presidential Towers at Jefferson & Madison. There are 2 non-garage
parking lots adjacent to our building. (I don't know the lots' "after
5pm" parking rules, though). Theme: If you're addicted to oil, there
are lots of parking options within a short walk.

Topics
------

* Selenium-testing-Django -- (Jason Huggins)
* Some lightning talks, crypt ...
* PyCon in Chicago in 2008, bid.

About ChiPy