Child controls in Composite Controls not firing events

David Boike

I'm creating a composite control. I want it to make
changes to a business object in the Session state, and
only save those changes to the database when an Update
linkbutton external to the control is clicked.

When I click on the Update button (outside the composite
control) the changes to the child controls inside the
composite control don't fire the appropriate events
(specifically, a child CheckBox is not firing a
CheckChanged event) during postback.

The control does have different modes, i.e. a "View" mode
(where it renders a label, and no checkbox) and an "Edit"
mode (where the CheckBox is available).

My composite control does implement INamingContainer.
What am I doing wrong, and how can I get the events to
fire during postback...BEFORE the Update event handler
runs?

Thanks,
David Boike
Kingland Systems