Child controls in Composite Controls not firing events

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by David Boike, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. David Boike

    David Boike Guest

    I'm creating a composite control. I want it to make
    changes to a business object in the Session state, and
    only save those changes to the database when an Update
    linkbutton external to the control is clicked.

    When I click on the Update button (outside the composite
    control) the changes to the child controls inside the
    composite control don't fire the appropriate events
    (specifically, a child CheckBox is not firing a
    CheckChanged event) during postback.

    The control does have different modes, i.e. a "View" mode
    (where it renders a label, and no checkbox) and an "Edit"
    mode (where the CheckBox is available).

    My composite control does implement INamingContainer.
    What am I doing wrong, and how can I get the events to
    fire during postback...BEFORE the Update event handler
    runs?

    Thanks,
    David Boike
    Kingland Systems