    my host uses Chili and the site is generating errors. Advice appreciated.
    Thnx
    Jmac
    Jmac, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Jmac

    Tim Guest

    no - not unless it is running on a windows box, which is pointless.

    Tim, Sep 22, 2003

  3. Jmac

    Stuart Guest

    THere is a component which will let you 'talk' to a database on a Windows
    box from Chillisoft.
    I cannot remember what is called though.

    Have a look on the ChillSoft site for using M$ databases.

    Most ISP's will not allow installation of third party components on there
    servers thou, it's just a lot simpler to run it on a windows machine, plus
    you get all the benefits of full functionality.

    Stuart, Sep 22, 2003
  4. Jmac

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    But it can access Microsoft databases hosted on *other* servers... :)

    Been a while since I worked with Chilisoft's ASP, but database access
    was documented. Then agin, if the OP would post the actual errors,
    perhaps there'd be something to help him with.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Sep 22, 2003