Chinese Character Conversion???

Ian

Hi,

I've got an english site designed that I need to translate into Chinese.

I've got the Chinese wording to work with but I can't figure out how to get
it into my code.

I thought I could simply paste the chinese characters from a Word document
into my html editor between <P> tags using the PMingLiU or SimSun font but
it just enters like this:
????: turns into ????:

Help!!!

Thanks.

Guinness Mann

I thought I could simply paste the chinese characters from a Word document
into my html editor between <P> tags using the PMingLiU or SimSun font but
it just enters like this:
????: turns into ????:

The folks around here use...what do you call those things? Unicode
Entities? HTML Entities? One of them. You know the € type
thingies. The browser will translate them for you.

There is a reference list of some of them here:

http://www.big-rick.com/ref/entitiesref.html

But not any of the Chinese ones. I think there are some references
there that might lead you to the Chinese characters, though.

Lin Ma

You have to replace meta type in the <head>

For Simplified Chinese GB code do: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=gb2312">
For Traditional Chinese Big 5 code do: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=Big5">

There are other concerns depend your original file. If you can email me,I
may can take a look and find a way to convert.

But you have to tell me this page is for Traditional Chinese or Simplified
Chinese first.

(e-mail address removed)

Lin Ma