    ????: turns into ????:

    Help!!!

    Thanks.

    Ian, Oct 2, 2003

  2. In article <XoZeb.6093$6C4.724@pd7tw1no>, says...
    > I thought I could simply paste the chinese characters from a Word document
    > into my html editor between <P> tags using the PMingLiU or SimSun font but
    > it just enters like this:
    > ????: turns into ????:

    The folks around here use...what do you call those things? Unicode
    Entities? HTML Entities? One of them. You know the € type
    thingies. The browser will translate them for you.

    There is a reference list of some of them here:

    http://www.big-rick.com/ref/entitiesref.html

    But not any of the Chinese ones. I think there are some references
    there that might lead you to the Chinese characters, though.

    Guinness Mann, Oct 2, 2003

  3. Ian

    Lin Ma Guest

    You have to replace meta type in the <head>

    For Simplified Chinese GB code do: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
    content="text/html; charset=gb2312">
    For Traditional Chinese Big 5 code do: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
    content="text/html; charset=Big5">

    There are other concerns depend your original file. If you can email me,I
    may can take a look and find a way to convert.

    But you have to tell me this page is for Traditional Chinese or Simplified
    Chinese first.

    Lin Ma

    Lin Ma, Oct 3, 2003