    I want a freeware reader to read chm and hlp files and find words.
    Whats the best one?

    Rx

    Rexx, Jul 25, 2009

  2. Rexx

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Rexx <> wrote:

    > I m sick of little help windows.
    >
    > Im sick of sprawly help pages that show everything but the info.
    >
    > I want a freeware reader to read chm and hlp files and find words.
    > Whats the best one?

    Firefox is good, use the search box, Google finds lots of things for you!

    Sometimes, you know, I use Google rather than my own rather excellent
    dictionary because unlike my dictionary it has a much more intelligent
    feel for what word you might be looking for. My own dictionary throws a
    wobbly unless the spelling typed is awfully close and it has had its
    morning coffee and it is a sunny day.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jul 25, 2009

  3. Rexx

    Johnw Guest

    Rexx submitted this idea :
    > I m sick of little help windows.
    > Im sick of sprawly help pages that show everything but the info.
    > I want a freeware reader to read chm and hlp files and find words.
    > Whats the best one?

    Another vote for Google.

    Johnw, Jul 26, 2009